A while ago my blogging buddy Patty posted about altering some cutlery here. I decided to put in a bit of practice for our next QB5 junk swap and had a go! I wasn't entirely successful but nevertheless it was great fun! The first problem I encountered was with the hammer, I used one with a small head which effectively dented the spoon rather than flattening it, and once the dents were in they were quite difficult to remove.
I managed to hammer several letters upside down and I'd planned to write 'Respect the artist and her heart' and glue on some metal rusted hearts but ended up with 'Respect the artist and her soul' as by the time I'd hammered my way around the spoon I only had space left for a four letter word!
I wired a crown to the handle as I thought my gal needed a bit of fancy headgear and it covers up the letter 'T' which is both in the wrong place and upside down! As a hidden bonus it now makes a wonderful sound against the spoon! ah...the joy of mistakes!